I know her birthday was 2 weeks ago but hey, better late than never. April 24th was Ellie's 1st Birthday. It was on a Friday but lasted all weekend (which is how birthdays should be, esp 1st birthdays). I took the day off work & went to Build-A-Bear (Ellie asked to go - actually I wanted to go - Ellie's not really talking yet) with my sister Sarah, her daughter Janea & my Mom.
Here's Janae & Ellie picking out their bears
Washing the bears (not really sure why this is done but they seemed to have fun)
Then we went out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, Ellie loved this because there were mirrors all around the table & she LOVES to smile at herself.
Auntie Sarah bought Ellie her first pair of shoes for her birthday so Ellie had to get fitted for the first time. It was really cute.
She doesn't stay still for pictures anymore - she always wants DOWN!
We had a really fun day. Ellie adores her cousin Janae and I'm so glad we got to take the day off & have some fun.
Jesse's parent's came down the next day. They gave Ellie a play kitchen for her birthday. She loves it & so do I, it's so cute! She mainly just opens and shuts the doors throwing everything in the cabinets on the floor. She is starting to pretend drink from cups & then wants us to do it too. I'm sure she will have years of fun with this kitchen.
The next day we had a party for Ellie. Almost all of Ellie's cousins (we missed you TK & Family) & friends were able to come. We borrowed my sister's blow up castle for the kids to play in.
Ellie also got a sandbox for her birthday which was a HUGE hit with all the kids.
Then of course, Ellie had cake. I made Ellie her own (organic) cake in the shape of a one.
As you can tell... she liked it! How could she not, I'm her Mom & I think everyone knows how much I love desert. :)
Ellie got lots of wonderful gifts & had a great 1st Birthday (weekend). Happy Birthday Ellie!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Happy Birthday Ellie...
Posted by Laura at 8:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ellie-it looks like you had a wonderful weekend of festivities.
adorable!! Happy 1st Birthday Ellie! Looks like you all had a great time :)
Happy Birthday, sweet Ellie! Sounds like a wonderful week! Oh, they grow so fast!
1 already! What a great first birthday she had.
Can't believe she is 1! Happy Birthday Ellie!
Post a Comment