Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's been a while...

I can't believe that it's been so long since I bloged! Going back to work has really been hard. It feels like when I'm not taking care of Ellie, I'm working. Like right now I should be working but I don't want to yet. Ellie's asleep, the house is clean enough, and work can wait a few more minutes. Ellie learned to roll over at the beginning of the month & now she won't stop. The second she is put on her back she flips over. She moves around on her stomach and turns in a complete circle, over and over again. She has a harder time flipping from her back to her stomach but I think it's only a matter of time before she learns that she could roll across the room doing that. She is also drooling a ton! I think we go through 8 bids a day just from the drool. You can actually see the drool in this picture all over her chin.

Here's Ellie turning in circles.
This is one of the only places that she will sit still long enough for me to make lunch or dinner. If I try to put her in the bouncy seat or swing she arches her back & tries to wiggle her way out. Notice the drool all over the bid :)
Ellie has also been wanting to sit. She's not strong enough to do it on her own but she's trying!

Since Ellie is getting stronger I decided to let her sit in her exersaucer, she loved it! There's so much to look at she was so entertained. Although she really can't sit in it yet, I had to stuff some blankets around her so she was stable.
I'll try to be better about bloggin. Hopefully the transition back to work will start to become habit & I'll feel normal again soon. Maybe I'll even be able to get started on the new BC book I've had for 2 weeks! :)

5 comments:

kiersten said...

she is so darn cute!!!!! loved the pics of the zoo too.. made me miss tacoma. hope all is well!

Kimberly said...

OMG Ellie so dang cute, I showed Zach her pics and he thought she was adorable as well. :) I can't wait to meet her in person hopefully soon. I am done with the BC book--easy to read and I liked it, partially because it takes place in Seattle!

Marcy said...

I haven't started the BC book yet either!

Ryan & Marcey Erickson said...

Ellie is getting so big! What cute pictures, hopefully we can come to visit you guys soon. :)

Jamie said...

Laura, she's just so beautiful!