On Tuesday, June 15th, after 38 weeks of carrying the twins and them making no sign of coming out on their own I was induced. After 24 hours of labor with little progress it was determined that Baby A had flipped and was breach. I have no idea when this happened because for over 2 months he was head down and as of June 4th was still head down, you would think I would have felt him flip?! So on Wed, June 16, 2010 at 10:12am Cole Thomas was born by C-section and at 10:14am Brayden Gerald was born.
Both boys weighed in at exactly 6 pounds 13.6 ounces which I guess is rare for twins to weigh the exact same. Cole was longer at 20 & 1/4 inches and Brayden was 19.5 inches. From the moment Jesse & I saw them they looked different. The only day we had trouble telling them apart was the second day in the hospital but I think that had a lot to do with all of the drugs I was on :)
This is Brayden
This is Cole
The boys spend most of their time sleeping & eating & going through at GREAT deal of diapers! They hate to be unwrapped from their swaddle. They are usually curled up in a tight ball. which makes them seem even smaller. Here' Brayden all curled up with Grandma Janey.
Cole has been a little more alert than Brayden, here he is 2 days ago wide awake (which is really rare at this point)
Ellie has been great (knock on wood) with the boys so far. She is really gentle with them and usually just wants to pet their heads. If they are crying she will sometimes walk up to them and pat their blankets. Only if she is overly excited does she use more force than we want. But for the most part she seems to like them.
Here she is patting Cole's head & trying to cover him up with his blanket.
The last few weeks have been amazing and challenging all at the same time. Jesse & I are slowly getting the hang of taking care of two infants and a demanding toddler at the same time. I'm still recovering from the c-section, I lost a lot of blood, had realy low blood pressure for days & swelling in my feet & legs that I thought was impossible! But I feel better every day. We had a rough couple of days after we got home, the boys were Jaundice & we spent the first 3 days back and forth to the hospital & doctors office. Everything ended up being fine and at their follow up doctor apt yesterday Cole was up to 7 pds 3 oz & Brayden was up to 7 pds.
Jesse goes back to work next week so I'm super nervous but we are only focusing on each day and trying to enjoy it all. I have to go now, there are two crying, hungry babies waiting on me. They eat every two hours so we really only get about an hour break in between feedings.
I will try to post more than I have been :)
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Welcome Cole & Brayden!
Posted by Laura at 1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Laura ~ They are ADORABLE!!! Congratulations! I can only imagine the challenge it is to have two infants and a toddler... enjoy the snuggles when you can!
Oh my gosh Laura they are seriously wonderful! And I love how Ellie is currently interacting with them. Congratulations times two!
Seeing you in the delivery room gave me a boost of confidence.
I hope to meet your boys soon!
They are so cute! I'm so happy for you!
They are so sweet. What a big sister Ellie is being. I can't wait to meet them.
So fun to see pictures of the boys and new pictures of Ellie! They are all so cute. Hope you are getting some rest. Can't wait to see you soon!!
Molly
Congratulations to you all. They look so very cute. You look good yourself. Ellie is going to have fun being a big sister. She is doing great so far. Keep posting I check it every day. Take care. It will get easier as they get bigger. Trust me I know. :-)
Congratulations!! I can't imaging 2 infants!! I'm saying my prayers for you. What a challenge and a blessing. They are BEAUTIFUL babies, and so big and healthy for twins. Way to go with such a healthy pregnancy, Mama! Best, best, best wishes.
Love, Kyle & Amy
Your babes are adorable! I can't wait to see them in person. They are so healthy. I hope all is well at the Brammer household.
Laura & Jesse, the boys are just beautiful!! Congratulations again! I hope things are still going well :) Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment