So, we found out yesterday that we are having two boys! Jesse & I were in a bit of shock because we both thought that we were going to have one boy and one girl. Plus there are very few boys in both of our families so we thought it was a long shot that we would ever have a boy let alone 2. I was a little sad at first that Ellie will not have a sister (since I have 3) but two little brothers will be a blast. Ellie is going to be a tough little girl! I think Costco may be our new grocery store when the twins start eating solids, esp when they are older. I mean, can you imagine two growing teen age boys Jesse's size?! :) We are very, very excited!! We can now get started on the boys room and start planning.
Update on my pregnancy: I'm tired! I got over the 1st trimester tired stuff for about a month and now its back. I am trying to take it easy, esp because when I lift Ellie it has started to cause a bit of pain. So I'm resting a lot & trying to live with a dirty house & take out when I'm to tired to cook. I am no longer sick but have less and less room in my stomach so I am having to snack more than have meals. Otherwise everything is great! The twins are growing right on track. They each weight 15 oz as of yesterday & are measuring a few days ahead of my due date. I am 21 weeks as of yesterday. My due date is June 29th but will not be allowed to go further than June 15th (38 wks). I have been told that the average gestation for women who have twins is 37-38 weeks. Jesse's birthday is June 9th so maybe his boys will share his birthday - that would be so cool. Plus Jesse & his Grandma already share that birthday so it would be extra special.
Update on Ellie: She is a blast right now. I love this age. I could go without the temper tantrums but you take the good with the bad. She has discovered coloring. She colors all day long! She has several coloring books, paper & crayons all over the house & often stops playing just to color. Jesse & I have also started coloring, I love that having kids allows you to be a kid again :) She wants to do everything by herself. She always wants to pick out her outfit for the day which is almost always a skirt which she tries to pair with princess PJs. On the rare occasion she will also add her snow boots to the mix. Most days I just let her because I thinks its cute and I'm trying to choose my battles.
Now here's some pictures: We went to the aquarium with my family a few weeks ago and heres a few pics of Ellie & Jesse checking out the touch & feel tank.
Ellie enjoying her breakfast & a cooking magazine...
Here she is on the computer desk coloring & waiting for me to print out her Barney valentines. Notice the princess PJ over her actual PJs!
That's it for now, Happy Belated Valentines day to everyone!!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Twin Boys!!!
Posted by Laura at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so excited for you! Some day we will need to get a picture of Ellie and Gwen wearing their matching monkey shirts!
Twin Boys! So fun. I told Zach I thought it would be perfect if we had twin boys next. One girl to spoil and 2 boys to protect her and be momma's boys. :) I'm not sure he thought it was as perfect as me. HA
Soooo exciting! Ellie is so stinkin' cute, too. I think she's on to something pairing the princess pj's with other pj's...layering is what all the kids are doing these days!
Adorable updates on Ellie! I LOVE her pig tails!
Also, yah yah on the twin boys. Mike thought it was pretty cool that you're having twin boys. Then he said, "we don't have two do we?" I said, "not according to our first ultrasound!"
Congrats!
That is really exciting news! I just loving having a boy...so I am sure having two at once will be twice as great!! Good luck with the pregnancy.
Congrads to you all. She will love having brothers. I love having Kim and Kyle around when I was young and Now. He did protect me and still does. She is getting to be soo very cute.
Take care,
Michelle Hussey
Gosh Laura....two baby boys!! That is very exciting news. Ellie will always be very special to her brothers!! Try to rest as much as you can...I remember a long time ago a mother of twins told me to enjoy my babies because they grow up so fast. Well, she was right. Here my babies are almost 34 years old...Enjoy this time!! I'm sure you know you have been blessed twice! Actually now three times!! Love, Deniece(Kimberly's mom)
Hey it's your twin! So glad you have a blog...I love being in the know. TWIN BOYS??!! Jesse is going to be in trouble when they are taller than he is and gang up on him LOL! Good luck with everything. June huh? I'll have to plan a trip a few months after so I can come by and pretend to help with baby stuff while really just ooooing and ahhhhing over little babies! :)
Post a Comment