Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I know I'm a little late on posting pic's from the 4th but better late than never. Jesse & I decided to stay close to home this year because we didn't know how Ellie would react to the fireworks. So my Mom, my sisters & their families came over for dinner & fireworks. Ellie fell asleep at 7pm & slept through all of the fireworks! I was shocked because it was so loud!! Jesse of course had several M80 like fireworks but louder & even those didn't wake Ellie. The rest of our neighbors also have huge fireworks & it's so loud that all of the kids at our house & the neighbor kids ended up with ear plugs. But the fireworks were great (I only saw a few because I was inside) & no one got hurt.

Doesn't this look like Jesse in a dress!!
Auntie Natalie & Ellie wearing their red, white & blue
(this was Ellie's second 4th of July outfit of the day - we had a few & good thing because she spit up on all of them)
Janae having fun with a sparkler before the main event.
Here's some of the fireworks Jesse & Kipp let off that night, they had already been lighting them off all day before I could get a picture of everything. They had a good time!

Here's Jesse doing what he loves to do on the 4th. They made this "launching pad" earlier in the day.
This is about the time it started getting loud
Time for ear plugs!
I guess the adults didn't mind the noise so much.
And here's Ellie on the video monitor, still fast asleep. What a good baby!
I hope everyone had a great 4th!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I am impressed with Ellie's ability to sleep through it all. It's like they say "sleep like a baby!"