Wednesday, September 24, 2008

5 months old

I can't believe Ellie is 5 months old but at the same time I feel like she has been a part of our lives forever. She has been changing almost every day lately and seems to discover something new every hour. Ellie has started to turn when we say her name & sat up by herself yesterday for the first time. She also started eating rice cereal last week, she's only gotten it twice but seems to like eating. She has also discovered the cats & gets really excited to see them, especially their tails which she lunges for. I'm sure once she actually gets a hold of a tail the cats will learn real quick to stay clear of her. :)


Ellie is also teething again and she has an eye infection. On top of that she either has a cold or has a runny nose from her teething. So I've had lots of late nights with practically no sleep at all. Ellie wants to be held during the night & once I get her to sleep & in her bed it takes on average 30 to 50 minutes for her to wake up & realize she's alone & starts to cry. We've been doing this little dance for 4 or 5 nights in a row so I'm hoping she feels better soon so we can both get some much needed sleep.

Other than that not much else going on with us. Here's some pic's for the last 2 weeks.
Today is my nephew Kodi's 7th birthday. He had a party last weekend which was lots of fun, especially since we just had to cross the street to get there. I can't believe he's already 7 years old! Happy Birthday Kodi! Check out how my brother-in-law is holding the pinyata with a stick, the kids were using a metal bat & they were right by a huge glass door. I though for sure it was an America's Funniest Home Video in the making but nothing happened.
Here's Ellie sitting up with a little assistance from her cousin Janae. She's still a little unsteady but she's getting there.
Here's Ellie with her Uncle Ryan & Auntie Marcey who came down to visit on Sunday. I love her little stomach!
Ellie loves her exersaucer! She gets so so excited when we put her in it, she starts to jump up & stands for as long as she can.
Here's Ellie eating rice cereal for the first time.
This is Ellie's favorite thing to do, eating her toes. No matter what we're doing if she can get at her toes she puts them in her mouth. If she's wearing socks those get pulled off & sucked on.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love all the pics! Most of the time I think she looks just like you, Laura, but in a couple of these I totally see Jesse. Hang in there with the no sleep. I've been there! It's no fun!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that friggin' pinata deal...hilarious! Glad no one got her and that no windows were broken :).

Kimberly said...

I love that Ellie sucks on her toes all the time. I can't even imagine being that flexible.

Anonymous said...

This is a great update! Ellie looks wonderful!

Miss you, Leah