Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Little Reader!

So we went to Manzanita last week & we're able to spend lots of time just hanging out. This was Ellie's first trip to the beach & she didn't really seem to care too much about the ocean. She like putting her feet in the sand but what she loved the most seemed to be looking at books, it was really cute! (thanks for the books Sara, they're a hit!) Here's some pic's.

We had a few days of awesome weather & only one day that was overcast which is pretty good for the coast!

Here's Grandma Janey reading to Ellie.
Here's Ellie taking matters into her own hands, maybe she'll have to start coming to book club. :)


Jesse & Ellie reading.
If she wasn't looking at her books she was rolling around on the floor. She figured out that she could roll to get around the room & now loves doing that all day long!
Ellie seemed to really like the sand, maybe next year we can really let her play in the sand.

Ellie getting a bath after her play time in the sand.
I love this picture; I think it's so funny! We decided to take a walk on the beach & then head into town, so we put Ellie in the baby biorn (sp?) & really bundled her up. We also put a blanket around her for extra protection. It looks like her legs are so long & everyone in town thought she was 8 months or a year old. Her feet actually stop where the white part of the blanket stop. I think she looks hilarious!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, she is just so cute Laura. I love it. Don't you just love it when they love books? You feel like no matter what happens in the future at least you were on the right track being a good parent at the beginning! :)
Ha ha!
I miss you, friend!
Jinx

Kimberly said...

I love how serious she is while reading, like she is really concentrating. The last picture is quite funny. What a beautiful baby.

Becky K. said...

Ellis is so dang cute! I just want to pinch those cute little cheeks! I can't believe how much she is growing.

Anonymous said...

Ellie is so friggin' gorgeous! I love her and I haven't even met her. She's right on par for BC!