Ellie & I had a few awesome milestones this week, they didn't use to be such a big deal but over the last 2 months they seemed impossible until this week. The first milestone, as I wrote before, I left Ellie for the first time with a babysitter. The second milestone, Ellie & I went to the store by ourselves... twice! I know that may not sound like a big deal but it was for us. I'm finally learning how to get the timing of her feedings to work out with how far we have to travel to go places. The third & biggest milestone yet, Ellie is no longer in her bassinet. This one was hard for me not her. Ellie is a really LOUD sleeper & I use to lay awake & just listen to her whether I wanted to or not. This was not helping my sleep deprivation. I tried putting her in her crib last Saturday but ended up moving her back to her bassinet. Sunday I decided I was being silly & finally put her in her crib. She did awesome! I sat in bed missing her sounds & watching her on our video monitor. I LOVE the video monitor because I can even see her in the dark & because it's a little harder to hear all her noises. Although I did turn the volume up a few times to hear all those little sounds. She's been in her crib all week & even slept for 7 hours straight one night.
Here are a few picture of Ellie in her crib after her first full night in her crib. She was having a great time looking at her mobile.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Milestones
Posted by Laura at 8:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations! I understand how big those steps are, believe me. Before long, however, you'll strap on the Baby Bjorn and take her wherever you go without a second thought. Congrats, girl.
Ellie looks so dang cute in her crib with her big smile!
Post a Comment