Sunday, June 1, 2008

Month in Review

I've been meaning to start a blog since Ellie was born but with everything that comes along with having a new baby I'm just now finding the time. And by time I mean a few spare moments during her naps. And by naps I mean 15 to 20 minute power naps if I'm lucky & I'm even luckier if I can put her down for naps. Since I've missed the last 5 weeks I'll catch you all up to date. Ellie was born on April 24th, she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz & was 21 inches long.


Since we live about an hour from almost anywhere we want to go, Ellie & I have been spending most of our days at home. Especially since she usually eats every 2 hours (from start time to start time) which usually leaves me with 1 hour in between to get anything done. She spent most of the first month sleeping & eating. It was hard to put her down, she's so cute!



She is just now starting to have longer awake times & started smiling 2 weeks ago (which has been so fun to watch). I haven't been able to get a picture of her smiling. The second she sees the camera she gets serious.


Here she is hanging out with her Dad.


She of course is already a Coug fan! (so serious again)


We love getting visitors & have enjoyed all the friends and family that have been visiting. Since my sister Sarah & her family live across Ellie has really been getting to know a few of her cousins.


Last Friday Ellie & I went to the mall with my sister Sarah & her daughter Janae. It was our first big outing & it was so nice to get out of our neck of the woods. I'm hoping to start going on more outings since Ellie did so well & has spaced out her eating a little more. Here's a few more pics. Hopefully I'll be able to blog a few times a week. My goal is at least once a week but we'll see how it goes.


Here she is starting her I'm hungry routine which usually starts with her sticking out her tongue.

Here's one pic where I almost caught a huge smile.


12 comments:

Tracy said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I love that you are doing this! I say keep the blogs coming!
Ellie is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Anonymous said...

Wow Laura, she is wonderful! So very very cute! I too can't wait to meet her...when??? Say now!?

Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to keep up on the happenings with you and the family.

Marcy said...

I'm so glad you started a blog so we can see Ellie's pictures and hear about what you are up to. I hope you bring her to the next book club!

Molly said...

Yay, another blog mom! Ellie is adorable. What a sweet girl!

Kimberly said...

OMG--Ellie is too cute! I can't wait to meet her in person. The pics are adorable. Yippee that you are blogging. Love it

Jamie said...

Laura, Ellie is absolutely beautiful! I love the big cheeks and the blond fuzz around her temples :)
Can't wait to meet her...hopefully soon!

kiersten said...

Laura ~ Congrats!!! She is adorable! enjoy it while she is little....they grow WAY too fast!!!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful Laura! Glad you started a blog so we can keep up with the latest addition to the clan! Been thinking about you all a lot so glad to get the scoop on your new blog... pretty cool!

Ryan & Marcey Erickson said...

Oh Laura she is so adorable! I am excited to see her again soon. I cannot believe how much she has grown already since I saw her. We are so excited you guys have a blog, this is so fun. :)

Love, Marcey

Becky K. said...

Hi Laura! What an adorable little girl you have! I can't wait to see her next photos.

Unknown said...

Laura,
I love seeing your beautiful baby from so far away! She is extra precious and looks so much like you. I can not believe so much time has passed already. I am very impressed that you are able to get this done. I have over 500 pics on my camera to download and have not found the time. I can't wait to see you and hope that it will be soon. Love to Ellie!
Amber

Shannon said...

Laura!! I am so glad I found this blog! Your baby is precious, she looks just like her mama!!

I am so glad you started this bloggin adventure!